Monday, May 31, 2010

PSI

As I predicted, with so much going on, I'm falling seriously behind with my blogging duties. But I have good excuses. After a gorgeous weekend dedicated to serious gardening and landscaping, I went to the Perimeter Institute today to serve as an external examiner for their PSI program (yes, the acronym makes up the Greek letter generally used to represent a wave function in quantum mechanics... they are clever that way). As I mentioned here, the Institute hosted a very successful workshop on the foundations of economics last year, and I'm always glad to see them involved in financial math, which was the subject of the essay I examined today, so thanks to John Berlinski for the invitation and for the ride to Waterloo.

I'll be back to Fields dedicated blogging tomorrow though.

No comments:

Post a Comment