Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy bloguiversary !

This week marks one year since I started this blog. The original intent was to report on the several activities that took place during the thematic program we had at the Fields Institute during the first half of 2010.

When the program ended in July, the people in charge of the communications strategy at Fields asked me to continue the blog by posting about topics related to the program, such as conferences or other important developments in the area. The hope was to create a focal point for people who participated in the program, both for historical purposes and to generate discussions and commentary.

Inevitably, I restricted my posts to activities that I attended, which gave the blog more of a personal flavor than I would have liked. That is why I keep encouraging my colleagues to become regular contributors too. So far I got many promises and no actual posts, but I'm keeping my expectations high.

In the mean time I'll keep writing, acutely aware of the advice in Ecclesiastes 12:12:

"Of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh."

No comments:

Post a Comment